Friday, January 22, 2010

Forearm Cane How Do I Switch From Using A Cuff/forearm Crutch To A Walking/travel Cane?

How do I switch from using a cuff/forearm crutch to a walking/travel cane? - forearm cane

I am a man of 18 years and I am diagnosed with diplegia, spastic cerebral palsy. I have less force on the right side of my body, so that's why I'm the only left-handed in everything I do.

My upper body strength is very good as you can imagine, and I am very much weakened. I would not only represents the strength of my right side, but use the transmission on a stick or a stick. However, I feel very unbalanced and security, if you have a stick, probably because I'm used to you stand to be used.

How can I control the use of sugar cane trust? I'm a student and can not afford to go slowly throughout the day in the week or I am late to class. What happens if you use a crutch in his left hand and hold in place while focusing on increased use on the right with the stick?

Thank you for any help! Unfortunately, this is so long:)

1 comment:

Medic said...

Why is is so volatile, not only because it is not for them, but as firmly on the wrist of the arm. If you are an ordinary tube stability depends on its strength in the wrist and grip strength. Begin by selecting the wrist and turned to building a dumbbell. Then start with the stick just around the house or a room. So that you can use it comfortably in a stable environment. when it starts, it is important that your wrist when she is tired, rest and remain unstable. Go to change it. to solve this problem by trial and error. After he discovered his movement and increased its strength to start taking the class, but first start of the day that the smallest number of classes. Make sure you as much as possible is because at first be a little slower. Then forward to make progress.
I must say that this process will be much easier if you ask him to help, physiotherapist. They show you the right techniques and the strengthening Routinis. The post will be much shorter.
Anyway, if you go the solo route taken lightly and does not use a crutch. This will contribute eventually to reach what you want.

Post a Comment